Community & Culture: Personal Engagement, Human Connection
It is not enough for John Adams Academy-Online scholars to be academically engaged in school. Opportunities must also be present for social and emotional engagement with teachers and peers. Part of this is satisfied by daily, synchronous video lessons and classes, but schools also create new forms of online community to keep students connected to each other and to their school. Class celebrations, themed social events, school assemblies, and other activities are created to complement the plan for John Adams Academy-Online. Online scholars will also have the opportunity to connect with their peers in optional in-person learning experiences that will be organized by our parent volunteers, teachers and administration.
100% Online with Optional In-Person Gatherings
- Daily video lessons, assignments, classes, and support.
- Daily video engagement with teachers and peers.
- Use of all online platforms required.
- No option for paper packets or paper turn in; unless a specific accommodation necessitates it. Younger grades may be provided materials more often in order to facilitate hands-on learning experiences which are essential in their development.
- Scholars will have the opportunity to participate in on campus enrichment activities should they choose.
- Parent volunteers, teachers and online staff will also provide opportunities for online scholars to connect and learn together in an in-person environment at John Adams Academy campuses.